Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 7: Jafar smiles in the CRPE Home for Orphans!

Jafar is one of the smilling children in the new Home for Orphans in the CRPE Orphan Centre (roughly the Centre Rebirth for Hope, in Chinhacanine), inaugurated in the beginning of the year with the full support of ALG.

ALG finances up to 20 orphans every year, with 24 hour assistance, meals, study support, technical education, financing of education in the public school and, more importantly, a roof over their heads. The CRPE Home for Orphans helps youngsters, under extreme poverty conditions, between 14 and 18 years old, who currently live in remote areas and are prevented from attending school. With this new project we extended the CRPE support, where we already financed 120 orphans, in the Chinhacanine area, providing meals, technical education and study support.

Jafar is one of the children boarding at the new Home for Orphans and attending our Technical Courses. These skills-based courses such as Blacksmith, Sewing or carpentry allow our young students to acquire competences to be employed in the future and break the cycle of poverty!

"I like being here at the Centre because now I know several things about locksmith such as welding, cutting iron with a grinder, and I also know the name of the tools we use. At school I behave myself and I usually have good grades. Next year I would like to be in the 9th grade and maintain my good grades. When I grow up I would like to be a judge.
The Centre has helped me to be the person I am today. I know that locksmith will not be my future but it will help me to be a different, successful and better man.
I appreciate brother Joaquim’s skills [one of ALG’s Uni Scholarship students, originally from the CRPE] and I like to hear him talk especially when he says he will be a judge. I want to be like him; he is a very good and exemplar friend.

Thank you very much CPRE and A Little Gesture."

Donate to ALG now!

No comments:

Post a Comment