Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 20 – Hello Mr. Engineer!


Júlio Chaúque began his path with us through UPG Portugal Sponsoring Programme. This healthy boy grew up and he’s now a dedicated young man. His study habits and enthusiasm were rewarded, and in 2014 he became an ALG University Scholarship Holder attending an Engineering and Minerals Processing degree in Tete. 4 years later Júlio successfully concluded his degree and one year later, in 2018, he got his first job! Júlio is an Engineer working as a Sampling Coordinator at the Bureau Veritas’ Processing Plant, a company which provides coal quality analysis services for the Vale-Mozambique project.
Here’s a few words from Júlio: “This has been a long-term dream of mine. Finally, it came true, but I feared it might have never happened. I actually thought it would be an impossible mission until I found myself amongst a graduating class.  In 2014, when I arrived in Tete, without adequate skills in the social-academic area, I felt an overwhelming responsibility to succeed in achieving my degree. With the help of God and ALG, this mission was successfully accomplished. I want to send my warmest greetings to my Sponsors and to all the ALG team who provided me a great help made up of little gestures.
Help us to keep telling more stories like this in 2019, with a Little Gesture (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment