Friday, April 5, 2013

Feeling at Home in the Mozambique Floods


“Many asked if I loved it...one cannot love calamity...pain, suffering and
wounds … but I did love the experience, the people, the country because even in the hardest moments I always had a smile here and there... thank you Mozambique... 

I thank you, as despite the initial mess I always felt at home, I was received as a daughter, I took care of you like my own, I overcame the toughest moments and kept the good ones close to my heart … 
I did not go in the “worst” moment for you but I think everything happens for a reason … I came back with an overflowing heart. 

Tá tá! Sister Sara”

Sara F. travelled as a volunteer with our sister-charity UPG Portugal to Chokwe, Mozambique, days before the violent January floods that destroyed much of the Chokwe and Xai-Xai areas.

Help our emergency appeal by making your donation here

Every Little Gesture Counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment