Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 6. Sponsor Marta’s dream came true!

Zanai was our dear Marta’s sponsor dream, when it came true she wrote her this beautiful letter.
"Dear Zanai,
My name is Marta I am your sponsor since last year. I decided to write because I feel I have been failing you.
You know life is beautiful but, sometimes people make it a bit more complicated and hard. We forget what is truly important – for me is giving (whether it is love, care, support or sharing). Last year, after a difficult phase in my life, I decided to fulfil one of my life’s dreams – to sponsor a child. I contacted ALG’s sister charity UPG Portugal and I was thrilled when they sent me your picture and said: please meet Zanai – your sponsored child! You are beautiful and you have a wonderful smile!
I did not want to choose between a boy and a girl. I told theM it could be either because when we have a child we also cannot choose gender. We receive what God sends us. You are a true princess. You are a dream come true, and you are very important to me!
A big kiss and I will write again more frequently, Marta"
Our sister charity UPG Portugal launched the Sponsoring programme in 2004 with 50 children. After 10 years we support 877 children in the regions of Xai- Xai, Chongoene and Chokwé. Each child is allocated to a Sponsor and has a secured access to school and meals. Besides the material goods, the Sponsoring brings care and attention to children in need.
UPG Portugal sponsoring establishes a long-term relationship between the children and Portuguese sponsors. To the sponsors it provides the feeling of changing the life of a vulnerable child in Mozambique forever. A child who always knows the name of his/her protector and feels the joy of being chosen by someone so far away.
A Little Gesture every year of £110-£141 can be a Great Help in the life of a Mozambican child. Join ALG/UPG family like Sponsor Marta did!
ALG has been offering this festive calendar to all ALG Friends since 2011. This year, you can also print a high definition version for only 1£! Donate here 

No comments:

Post a Comment