Thursday, March 28, 2013

The joy at EFI pre-school

“I’m lost for words to describe this experience and I think I can also speak on behalf of Caetana. I could talk about the times I went to Little School of Andre and my eyes were filled with magic or talk about the children who “stole” our hearts, but I will tell you about Pre-School Flor da Infancia ("EFI").

The EFI pre-school is composed by children between 3 and 5 years of age and each one of them fills us with tenderness in their own way. The first time I went there and saw so many children staring at us with those wide and curious eyes my heart completely melted... The children’s happiness in singing and dancing for us and the laugher released when we joined them to dance are memories that will stay with me forever. 
On that day (and others) my heart sunk when I remember that behind every child there is a horrible story but, as defeating as it may be, before their eyes life is beautiful and the joy exuding out of these tiny persons is overwhelming!! 

I could mention the happiness that a cookie, a lollipop or the mere sight of us gives them, but I think it is enough to see these children dancing to understand the value they give to life and I admire them for this. 

Khanimambo my dear children!"

From Madalena H, local volunteer with our sister-charity UPG Portugal in late 2012/early 2013 in EFI pre-school, Xai-Xai, Mozambique.


Newly built by UPG Portugal in 2010 and focused on providing pre-school support and a daily meal to very poor local children, EFI has been financed by A Little Gesture UK for the last 2 years. It is supported by campaigns such as the current March at ALG Month of the Milk, who aims to give these young children a daily glass of milk.

Please contact us if you wish to help support the children in EFI!


March at ALG: The return of the Milk Moustaches!




No comments:

Post a Comment